
Now I love Vogue magazine as much as the next gal but lately their stuff just hasn't been knocking me out. I mean come on Anna Wintour. You put Blake Lively on the cover the month of the Academy Awards? Nothing against Blake really but I don't think she's quite the Vogue cover gal just yet. There isn't really anything wrong with Vogue these days but I just haven't been bowled over. Vogue is the one magazine that should bowl me over cause trust me it doesn't take much. Demarchelier is still as brilliant as ever but I think I have just been clouded by my new discovery. Oh and frankly I find a lot more interesting cultural information and commentary in Vanity Fair these days.
But the same can not be said for another Vogue - British Vogue, my new discovery. British Vogue is amazing! Why am I just now starting to read this? The British say that the greatest sin to commit is to be boring. Well British Vogue is anything but boring. Maybe I found it so completely engrossing because my only real experience with Great Britian was a layover at Heathrow Airport for a few hours last March. After reading one issue I realized that I was soaking up this stuff like a sponge, not just the fashion but all the stuff about British culture. One of my favorite people to see featured in Vogue is the insane Alexander McQueen. Well I am up to my nose in McQueen's creativity with British Vogue. Likely because he is from England, that is why he is in there so prominently. This past month's issue had one of the most endlessly enjoyable spreads of different designers best pieces for Spring. I think it was 50 pages long. These photos could be framed they were so beautiful and interesting. Oh and their interviews with their cover gals? Well many of them are international names but some are Brits I know nothing about. And you know about those people from Britain/Wales/Scotland/Ireland... cursing like sailors? Well I have seen plenty of that as well. I loves it!
Oh and speaking of McQueen...I best get over to Target to see the Alexander McQueen for Target collection which debuts this week. I highly doubt to see any of the pictured runway fabulousness from McQ but hey I will take a lesser priced inspiration any day.
No comments:
Post a Comment