This is the start of it for me. The Tournament begins today. The NCAA Tournament is my absolute favorite sporting event. Sure people will say when they read that, "but Molly you are such a nutty fangurl for Major League Baseball and the Cardinals, how could college basketball beat them?" Well simply thinking of the BIG events in sports - the Super Bowl, the World Series, the NCAA Tournament, the Rose Bowl, the Masters, etc. - there is nothing better than the NCAA Tournament. It is entertaining and compelling every single year. You don't need your favorite team to be in for it to be completely engrossing. The World Series, on the other hand, can be a complete bore to me when the two teams that are playing in it are along the lines of Philadelphia and Tampa. Ugh. Sure I will always watch but will I care? But I guess that is what the rest of the world thought in 2006 when we had St. Louis vs. Detroit but me I was bouncing about my living room with complete and utter glee like a 5 year old who just finished 3 cotton candys at the Illinois State Fair.
My Final Four: Michigan State, Memphis, Pittsburgh, UNC
Championship Game: Memphis vs. Pitt
National Champion: Pitt
Chalk. I know. Boring, but there it is.
Michigan State, eh? I have learned not to bet against Tom Izzo if he has a decent squad and I have to represent the Big Ten somehow. Oh and I have the Illini making it to the Sweet Sixteen. Great bounce back year for Weber and the Illini. MIKE. DAVIS. You are the future.
Another great thing about the Tournament is that is signals the impending coming of the single greatest sports DAY for me - OPENING DAY! April 6 vs. the Pirates. The start of the big comeback of Chris Carpenter!
In my happy place...
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment