
The next Sports Illustrated cover...
Featuring the best player in baseball. Albert. Pujols. He is the best player in baseball - no arguments. There is no discussion really. Most people with whom I have this argument are the same few, *cough*Cubs fans*cough*, and they all know that I can't stand Alex Rodriguez - who everyone who disagrees with my stance says is the best. I have never liked Rodriguez and I never will and it was long before any of this BS with him and steriods. He is an absolute phony. He is a fabulous raw talent but he doesn't do anything particularly good for baseball in my opinion. He doesn't seem to give back, take pride in his organization or teammates or step up his game in the playoffs. Albert does all of these things and then some. I am so happy to see that in the midst of ESPN/East Coast Biased Media's frenzy over A Rod and Manny being a complete and utter TOOL, Sports Illustrated remembered there are still superstars that are worthy of our praise and respect.
Here is an exerpt from the seven page spread done by Joe Posnanski. Well done, sir.
Albert Pujols knows that people don’t believe in him. He does not just know it, he lives it, breathes it, he takes it with him into the batting cage in Jupiter, Fla…. A batting practice pitcher throws, and Pujols rockets hard line drive after hard line drive. People marvel at how much louder and fuller the ball sounds coming off his bat than off the bat of anyone else. That sound used to make heroes. Now it only cements his guilt in the minds of the most cynical in the great American jury. This is the uncompromising math of 2009: The more Albert Pujols hits, the less those cynics will believe him.
The best player and an even better human being.
To see more info on the article/cover http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/bird-land/bird-land/2009/03/believe-in-me-says-albert-pujols-in-sports-illustrateds-cover-story/
No comments:
Post a Comment