Thursday, March 5, 2009

Little Bacon Bits...




Just some random thoughts for tonight...some bits if you will...

*So Wednesday night I went with Tedi to look at what is going to be her new apartment in the city and give my opinion. I gave an enthusiastic thumbs up after we both flirted but alas failed with the current tenant Paul. Paul was cute... Tedi was looking at the apartment... I came to look at the apartment with her but instead pretty much just chatted up Paul. But more importantly Tedi has a sweet new place in the citay in an awesome location. Iz excited indeed.

*Bridget and I were having a very pleasant conversation about various things and she mentioned that she needed to pop over to the fabric store to pick up some swatches for a class. To which I then said, "oh speaking of swatches...did you see that they are turning Sleepless in Seattle into a musical?" She said she did see that and laughed with amusement at my fabulous segway. What can I say - master of language. We then proceeded to talk about the infamous swatches scene in Sleepless between Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner for a few minutes.

*Bridget is in her happy place. Seinfeld reunion is coming! But not in the form everyone would think. It is going to happen on the fabulousness that is Curb Your Enthusiasm. Bridget likely had a minor coronary when she read that Jerry, Jason, Julia and Michael will all do a story arc on the new season of Curb. Jerry, Jason and Julia have all appeared separately on the series at some point but the four of them together? AWESOMENESS. Thank you Larry David!

*Somewhat weak episode of The Office tonight. Kinda disappointing considering it hasn't been on for three weeks. No real interaction tonight between the supercouple Jim and Dwight but we did get some nice moments from the actual couple Jim and Pam. It was kind of rough goings for me to get through it since one of the focuses of the episode was on a blood drive. Lots of needle references. Not good for me AT ALL! And will Holly just return already for Michael! 30 Rock was its usual brilliant self...oh Tina how do you do it? Yet another genius casting coup by Tina Fey in casting Patti LuPone as Frank's mother. But using Harry and the Hendersons as the parallel for the entire episode and then having a lost and confused John Lithgow pop up playing himself was perfection. Oh and also I think I may be the only person in the world who knew the actress that played the pregnant donut girl.

*So exactly one year ago Tedi and I were in Paris. It was a whirlwind 2 days but still so wonderful. I miss Paris. I want to be in Paris. J'adore Paris. In a small way Tedi and I honored the fact that we were in Paris exactly one year ago by having dinner at Le Creperie. Lovely dinner of spinach and cream crepes and then dessert of strawberry and nutella crepes. Oui Oui!

*Ugh - The Illini! Weak loss at the last second. And Meacham - I am so over you. Glad to see they are stumbling into the tournament. *rolls eyes*

*Oh and finally - watching Sex and the City on TBS (like I am doing right now) is so pointless. The edited version just sucks compared to the HBO version. If I want the real thing I just gotta pop in the DVDs I guess. And I miss Conan. Guess him not being on will get me to sleep earlier. Patiently waiting for June 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers