I don't have a clear favorite and it is killing me. Fair warning - I am not even going to discuss the chicks on this season because they pale in comparison to the guys.
So the first week I was obsessed with Danny Gokey and Adam Lambert. Then last week I was obsessed with Anoop Desai and Kris Allen. And then tonight my favorite was Matt Giraud. So who is my overall favorite? My head is spinning.
So Danny - I basically smile from ear to ear every time I see him on stage. He has so much energy - it is infectious. The first week when the Idolettes sang Michael Jackson songs I was sure he was the clear winner. Well that was until Adam came along and sang that night. He killed it. He baked it, he broiled it, it diced it; he KILLED it! Basically he was a pro out the gate. There was really no competition.
Well then country week happened. It was not Adam's week. Adam fell down off the pedestal. And fell HARD! He was horrific! Now I love me some Adam but seeing him attempt some craptastic arrangement of Ring of Fire was enough to send him to Folsom Prison for assault on America's ears. But, you know who's week it was? Anoop! He sang a fantastic rendition of Willie Nelson's classic, You're Always on my Mind. And he was back in the game. As was heartthrob, Kris Allen. Boy those 13 year old girls love Kris Allen. They FLOVE him! Just like they loved adorable little David Archuleta or as I liked to affectionately call him, Baby Seal (Little Archie was just so cute and cuddly...you know - like a baby seal?). So, for country week, Kris sang one of my favorite songs of all time, Make You Feel My Love, the beautiful song by Bob Dylan that has been covered by Garth Brooks, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, Josh Kelley and my girl Adele and so on. Well I pretty much fell in love with Kris after this performance. Deep in love. I was a goner for him.
Which brings us to this week. Motown week. Smokey Robinson and his plastic face was there. As was Barry Gordy. And crap! He is old! But anyways, Smokey was there to "mentor" the Idolettes and first off was Matt. Wonderful Justin Timberlake/Michael Buble hybrid Matt. He was AWESOMENESS! Singing Let's Get it On?!?!? YES SIR! I was transfixed... and I don't think I was the only one. Oh and who came back strong tonight? Yep. ADAM. Back up on the pedestal.
So who is the favorite? Who is my favorite? Completely and utterly torn. It is a merry go round. But as long as those five survive to sing for another week then we are all cool.
McDermott OUT.
Despite your claims of ambivalence towards this year's Idols, it sounds to me like you've picked that Fall Out Boy (Adam) as your fav. Was he the one who sang "Black or White" during Michael Jackson week? If so, I give him credit for that, but he still should not be allowed anywhere near a microphone after that Johnny Cash fiasco, he can never be forgiven for that.
ReplyDeleteYes - extremely torn right now...
ReplyDeleteAdam is the clear leader but can't quite give him my overall favorite because of last week. It can be forgiven but not forgotten.
Molly, Good analysis. I like Matt...so Buble-ish! But, I too, cannot pick a clear winner yet. I cannot condone Adam's train-wreck Ring of Fire...hence a no vote from me!
ReplyDelete