Sunday, March 22, 2009

Aimless thoughts...

It's Sunday night...

Spent the weekend in a semi dried out state to make up for last weekend and to kick my cold. It was pretty successful. I had the offer to go out with Dan/Kristin/Tinkham but I turned them down at the last minute - good for me, eh? I want to feel better and running around Lakeview/Lincoln Park at 3 am didn't seem like the best strategy. So save a couple glasses of Shiraz... I followed my plan. And I needed to... 2 days of solid non stop Irishness can wear out even the strongest Irishman, well the American version at least.

So instead I watched A LOT of basketball and luckily my Final Four is still intact but not before a couple scares. I also got a beautiful blue hydrangea early in the season this year before all the good ones are picked over, plus my favorite flower are in season so I got some lovely tulips as well. Caught up on April Bazaar, Vogue, and Elle. Started early sketches for my next painting. Found a new cookbook with some good recipes to try out on unsuspecting friends. Watched Anne Hathaway's Oscar nominated performance in Rachel Getting Married (and could she be any more fabulous?) and still didn't get to Tropic Thunder. And got some good sleep... just what the doctor ordered and my dad as well.

Also contemplated another change in hair style... In the last six months I have gone dark and chopped 11 inches off. Well I am bored with it again... so go darker or put some blonde back in? Going home in April... I think I will have Richard work his magic on me again. I could go to my guy in Chicago but if what Bridget says is true... I have to see Richie's makeover. And I miss Fun Boy so I think a visit to him is needed.

Got the World Baseball Classic on in the background but totally ready for the real thing. TWO WEEKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers