Ok to begin - I haven't updated in a while so this will just be a post filled with randomness. Just a bunch of quick hits, if you will.
It will likely be of interest to no one but me.
You have been warned.
*So right now I am going through withdrawals. Supreme. Withdrawals. Conan has been off the air for almost 3 months. I miss him dearly. The end of my nights are just not the same without Consie. June 1 is the big debut at 10:30. An hour earlier will be such a gift considering that I am nerdy/old/"responsible" and go to bed at decent hours these days. Thank goodness I DVR'd the entire Late Night farewell 2 weeks - watching those randomly have helped during the drought.
*The Arrested Development movie is a confirmed GO! Old news I know but I am busting out of my skin for it. Come on Mitchell Hurwitz - get that baby written. I wanna see GOB, Tobias, George Michael and Baby Buster already. I recently reintroduced myself to season 2 (it had been a while since I last watched the DVDs) of what I believe to be the most brilliant comedy series ever made. Sorry Seinfeld... you didn't hit your stride until season 3/4 - AD hit it out of the gate so this is where Arrested got you beat. This little gem of a scene was from the 2nd episode of season 1.
*I can now officially declare it. This current season - season 5 - of The Office is the best season of the series. I used to think it was season 2 but now I really see the entire progression of the show and these characters. Season 2 was wonderful because we set up all the relationship that would be vital for the series - Dwight and Michael's close yet bizarre friendship, Jim and Dwight's rivalry/bromance, Jim and Pam's supercoupledom and etc. Season 5 to me has been fabulous because the characters have finally been fleshed out while losing none of the comedy. Pam is moving up in the world, Jim and Pam, aka PB&J, are getting married, the Dwight/Angela/Andy saga came to a head, Michael proved his position at Dunder-Mifflin and also found and lost the love of his life in HR rep, Holly. I am so looking forward to next week's season finale and the Michael/Holly reunion at the company picnic. Oh and also - Steve Carell needs to dance in every episode - He hasn't done it since the Booze Cruise ep but he did it again tonight. And I want more.
*B wanted me to write this since she is tired of me voicing my frustration about it to her. So this is for her... and Steve and Becky ;) As she knows - I have officially stopped watching General Hospital after many years and I don't think I will ever be back. And for one particular reason. I won't get into too much detail but it involves my favorite television couple being torn apart in a contrived and senseless way. Now I know it is a soap opera...yes I know. Blame Anna for getting me hooked on the genre as a youngin. I can't help it that our childhood babysitter made us really really really good food and then we would watch Young and the Restless, Guiding Light and Days of our Lives. I was young and impressionable - what ya gonna do? I quit General Hospital in January right after the unceremonious breakup of my couple, Jason and Elizabeth. And the reason I quit was because they never got a real shot. They were in love with each other, had a child together but the writers never let them be together...and then they wrote a crap kidnapping story and the next week they were broken up. They had a lot of wonderful and beautiful moments but with no payoff. And watching these shows you live for the big payoff. I totally get that Jason is in the mob and there is 'danger' to the children but it was a cop out and if you saw the entirety of their story, which began in 1999, then you knew it was a cop out. I was livid because the writing was lazy and made no sense. There is one person to blame for this whole sorry situation. B knows who he is, I know who he is... and GH fans know who he is... I would be able to keep watching the show without Jason and Elizabeth together if the rest of the show was watchable but it isn't. *sigh* There B - I half-heartedly did it. But I still have Y&R...
*As I watch Grey's Anatomy... I have realized that I am likely the only fan of this show that doesn't want to see Meredith and McDreamy get married. McDreamy deserves better... Oh and I don't care if he isn't real... I love seeing Denny appear to Izzy. Maybe it is because Jeffrey Dean Morgan is so fabulously beautiful. Hmmm... who is better looking? Patrick Dempsey or Jeffrey Dean Morgan? But things aren't looking too good for Izzy Stevens but the wedding of Alex and Izzy was beautiful and touching. The finale will likely be very sad.
*Idol thoughts - Adam Lambert is by far the best singer that this show has ever seen. I don't always like his arrangements but he never fails to amaze me in some way. But here's the thing... I don't think I will ever buy one of his albums. But I will buy one of Matt Giraud's. I thought he was cute when I first saw Matt but really saw nothing special in the beginning. But every week that changed and I fell more in love with him. And then last week hit - Standards Week... deeply in love. I will be picking up Matt's album on iTunes when it drops. So Kris, Danny and Adam remain...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment