Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Well how the turn tables.." - Michael Scott



I soooooo called it! I knew that Dunder Mifflin would need Michael Scott. I knew that Dunder Mifflin would come to realize how valuable Michael Scott is to their company. And I knew that eventually all would be set right. And on tonight's episode of The Office everything is now as it should be.

Michael Scott was FINALLY able to make people see what he is worth. David Wallace - one of my favorite minor characters - was in big trouble. Dunder Mifflin's most profitable branch was losing clients left and right to the newly established Michael Scott Paper Co. and David Wallace was forced to come down and save the day. Phyllis even called David out on his bad decision of letting Michael walk and to which David agreed. Dunder Mifflin was scrambling. After some fruitless deliberations between David, Charles, Dwight and JIm about the best way to fix this issue, David finally came to the best possible solution. Dunder Mifflin would be forced into buying out the Michael Scott Paper Co. Jim was sent to the basement to the offices of the MS Paper Co. to fetch Michael, Pam and Ryan to tell them of the offer and the negotiations began with Michael displaying much more intelligent business acumen than David or Charles ever expected. Ryan and Pam didn't appear to have much faith in him but in the end Michael and Michael alone got them a very fair buyout price and they got their old jobs back and little Pam Beasley even got herself a promotion, now working in sales instead of as the receptionist.

Best Jim/Dwight Supercouple Moment: Jim's phone ringing with his new special "Dwight ring". Now whenever Dwight calls Jim his ring is Dwight's voice saying 'idiot' over and over. And then when Jim picked up the phone the first word out of Dwight's mouth was 'idiot'. I love them.

So Michael Scott is back as Regional Manager and all is right with the world.

Oh and FYI... another tidbit about Thursday night TV. I am renaming Grey's Anatomy. It is now called Bailey's Anatomy. Miranda Bailey continues to be the best written, most complex and emotional character. Her storyline from week to week is the one I want to watch most. The show should be centered around her and not that heavily in need of a sandwich Meredith Grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers