
IT'S HERE!
OPENING DAY!
My favorite sports day of the year.
The Cardinals and MLB are back in action.
Oh and some things for Cardinal fans to ponder while we celebrate Opening Day.
*Which pennant winning team was better? The 1985 Cardinals or the 2004 Cardinals?
*Which World Champion team was better? The 1982 Cardinals or the 2006 Cardinals?
*Which was worse for the Cardinals? Don Denkinger in '85 or losing the tight 2001 NLDS in Game 5 with the Womack walk off?
*More important to the history of the Cardinals? Jack Buck or Gussie Busch?
*Which Cardinal great you rather on your team in their prime? Stan Musial or Albert Pujols?
*Best playoff moment of this decade? 2004 NLCS Game 6 Edmonds Walk off homerun or 2005 NLCS Pujols bomb off Lidge?
*Which playoff team that didn't make the World Series was better? The 2001 Cardinals or the 2005 Cardinals?
*Who would rather see in the Hall of Fame? Jim Edmonds or Willie McGee?
So Cardinal fans... go listen to the Cardinal theme of the 80's - The Heat is On and celebrate!
YES!! FINALLY!! Only 2 1/2 more hours, I'm pumped as well. The only thing that sucks is that Jose Oquendo can't bat now (I don't know if you saw him hit on saturday, but it really brought me back).
ReplyDeleteCouldn't be a better time for the season to start, they look amazing right now. I got them winning 95-100 games this year, u?
The pitching if they all stay healthy is going to dominate and surprise those overly cocky Cub fans. I still don't think that anyone outside of Cardinal fans understands how good Adam Wainwright is. I am going to give them 90 wins. They will make the playoffs.
ReplyDeleteListening to Glenn Frey's The Heat is On to get pumped up!