This is simply to indulge me but if I somehow introduce someone to a new song or artist then I'll take it. Since I am constantly on the lookout for new music to soak up then I am sure that others are as well.
So since the unofficial start of summer takes place this weekend I thought it would be fun to put together a makeshift Summer of 2009 soundtrack. It is very possible that you will see throughout the summer more songs being added to the soundtrack.
Listen, enjoy and stay tuned!
Use Somebody by Kings of Leon My current favorite song.
Don't Stop Believing by The Cast of Glee My new obsession listen... also possible a guilty pleasure. TK is throughly obsessed with listening to this on repeat as well.
A Choppy, Yet Sincere Apology by Riverboat Gamblers Thanks SJB for inadvertently introducing me to this one. It feels like this one is a good kept secret.
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) by Bruce Springsteen On May 12 when I experienced my first Springsteen concert he closed the show at the United Center with my favorite song of his. It was one of the best live concert moments of my life. While having dinner before the concert Dan asked me what songs I would love to hear them perform... and I responded with Thunder Road or Rosalita knowing that I wouldn't be lucky enough to see both. Dan said he hadn't seen Rosie in 5 years so if he played that one then it would be very special...
Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship (feat. Leighton Meester) The pure awesomeness of Leighton Meester combined with great fun POP. Great summer song all around.
Rise Up by Diane Birch My newest discovery... Pure happiness in every note. Sorry there is no link to hear it... I looked and couldn't find one anywhere. But trust me... it is the BOMB!
You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift MAD love for Taylor! The entire Fearless album is fabulous! This her newest. Still not sure if I like it better than White Horse but this one is more upbeat so better for summer.
Nothing Ever Hurt Like You by James Morrison I always liked James Morrison... then I heard this song. Now... TOTALLY and COMPLETELY in LOVE with James Morrison.
I Do Not Hook Up by Kelly Clarkson Good Old Kelly...
You are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne Ray is on the verge of becoming really huge. He has to... he just too talented not to be huge.
You're the Only One by Maria Mena I have known about Maria Mena for a while but I had never heard this song. Til Ambs lead me to it. Now it is one of my absolute favorite love songs.
Well hope I directed some of you to some new discoveries. I always love sharing songs I stumble across that are less mainstream. Hope to do more posts like this in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like your taste in music, Mols
ReplyDeleteBut abit tired of Don't Stop Believin'
ReplyDelete