Monday, May 25, 2009

The most beautiful man on the diamond



Now my insane crush on Adam Wainwright is well documented. I continually call him my boyfriend even though he is happily married with a daughter... oh well whatever. It is a fun little fantasy. Well here is my other baseball crush/boyfriend/insane fangurl obsession, Minnesota Twins catcher, Joe Mauer. I happily watched the Twins and Brewers last night on Sunday night baseball to see how the Cardinals division rival was faring but mostly to get a glimpse or few of the beautiful Mauer. Oh dear god I love him! And it really is amazing that he hasn't gotten more national exposure. He likely is one of the best players in the American League and I know for a fact that he should have won that MVP in 2006 over his teammate Justin Morneau. Ha! Kinda funny that the Baseball Writers of America got both MVPs wrong in 2006. But this kid is 26 so he will get his due at some point. But I believe that since he is one of the best hitters in baseball right now eventually he will have to change positions to prolong his career cause catchers just don't last.

Oh how I wish this man played for the Cardinals... he could hit behind Alberto and then I could stare at him everyday.

Win. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers