He is returning to television on Monday! The Tonight Show with CONAN O'BRIEN! It is finally here!
Now I use the term "my favorite person" to describe a lot of people associated with television... John Krasinski, Stephen Colbert, Chelsea Handler, Maria Arena Bell and so on... But my ultimate favorite person is the one and only Conan Christopher O'Brien. I don't know how similar or different Conan's version of the Tonight Show will be compared to Late Night but regardless of what he does I know that Conan will be Conan. I know that many people don't get or understand Conan or why people think he is funny but if you are a detractor just give him a chance. He had TONS of critics when he started in 1993 on Late Night and he won them ALL over. He has a much more loyal following I believe than any other late night host. I personally have never found Leno to be humorous and I really never enjoyed his version of the Tonight Show but to each their own. And while I think Leno is a good guy I always preferred Letterman. But now... goodbye Dave. I am loyal to my guy... as all his fans are and I won't be watching the Late Show anymore.
Here is a collection of great Conan moments to celebrate his BIG debut on Monday night. Honestly how could you not love this guy? He is the absolute best!
From 1998... One of Conan's most famous remotes. The trip to Ireland. In many ways this is the essence of Conan - great self deprecating humor, dancing/singing, great one liners, wonderful interaction with people he meets... In 2 parts.
The infamous Houston remote that originally aired in 1997 but was replayed during the farewell episodes. One of Conan's more popular remotes that was hardly seen after its original airing.
From 1999... in the midst of the boy band phenomenon of the late 90s.
And finally my favorite Conan moment of all time. I don't think he will ever do anything better than this. When I first saw this in the summer of 2004 - I turned to Bridget and said those exact words. Pure Brilliance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've still got goosebumps from hearing Conan's theme song precede the Tonight Show instead of following it. CIRCLE!! CIRCLE!! CIRCLE!!
ReplyDelete