Thursday, June 18, 2009

My peonies smell very good.

Is that random enough for ya? Well I couldn't come up with a clever title and as I sit on my couch to write this I am looking at my fresh peonies and they smell so lovely. So summery. Actually pink peonies are somewhat nostalgic. The first house that I lived in as a little tyke had a huge peony bush on the side of it and I would love when they would bloom. I suppose when I see them or smell them I have some subconscious feelings of my childhood.

Just some aimless thoughts for the evening.

*So first of all Johnny Depp is in town. He is here for the Chicago Premiere of Public Enemies. He is back in what he called in Vanity Fair his favorite American city. I was reading his interview in VF and they got to talking about Public Enemies and Johnny started discussing how much he fell in love with Chicago. Hearing him call Chicago his favorite American city just made me so happy. I already adored him but that just added on the love. And what a lovely night for him to return to town. He obviously wanted to hang out with me but I had to turn him down because I had some more glamourous things to do. I had to do my laundry. But honestly it is a good thing because if I did see him I might need immunity from prosecution because I would maul him.

*During the last week in May I went to the Art Institute because they were offering free admission for the Opening of the new Modern Wing. I love the Art Institute. I FLOVE the Art Institute. And I love the new Modern Wing. It is stunning. A perfect addition to the already fabulous museum. I went during my lunch hour on the day I went and I didn't want to go back to work. I just wanted to wander through it all afternoon. I was listening to my classical mix on my iPod as to help me feel very cultured as I walked through and looked at the art. Loser.

*Everyone can rejoice... the standoff for Project Runway is over. It is set to return the first week in August on Lifetime, not Bravo. Finally! I can only hope they find some good designers/characters ala Santino Rice. No season will ever compare to season 2 with Santino, Andrae, Daniel, Nick, etc. but we have had some good ones since like Ms. Fierce himself Christian Siriano. I actually missed Christian's big win since I was in Paris at the time of the finale. Fitting really. Oh PR how I have missed you so.

*And speaking of Bravo... I am watching the infamous "Last Supper" with the Real Housewives of New Jersey and these bitches be crazy. They are flipping tables at each other! And screaming like banchees. Good quality entertainment. Hope Jersey people like all the stereotypes about them cause this show is proving they are all true. Just wondering who is married to the mob?

*The All Star Game is coming up next month and will take place in our house. At Busch 3. And STL got a really nice nod in the form of who the NL manager chose as his coaches. Tony LaRussa and Joe Torre. I'm sure many Cardinal fans would agree that we all still love Joe Torre. He never got a fair shake as the Cards manager. The Brewery knew they were selling and they weren't giving him anything to work with... it is no wonder they he was never able to make anything happen. Torre still has strong ties to STL. His best friend is Bob Gibson and with him back in the NL we know he will roll through at least once every year. Well done Manuel with those choices... you did my Cardinal fangurl heart proud.

*So finally... this week Babs and I went to see Fiddler on the Roof featuring the LEGEND Topol. I think Mom was ready to bust a nut she was so excited. Topol got a huge ovation simply for walking about onto the stage while the Fiddler played. It was like a dream seeing him in person. And he sounds exactly like he did in the movie in 1971. Mom had me wikipedia his butt during the intermission to find out how old he is and was stunned when I told her that he would be 74 later this year. And for you fellow Fiddler fans... he still has all the same moves you remember from the movie. So far so good this summer in attending musicals... got to see legends in their signature roles(B and I saw Anthony Rapp/Adam Pascal in April as Mark and Roger in RENT). Now just waiting til August to see Spring Awakening... CAN'T. WAIT.


My fingers are tired... and my Mac is tired too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers