Here are a few more jams to add to the summer soundtrack.
Obviously everyone thinks I have great taste in music... *cue B rolling her eyes at me*
Lookin for a Good Time by Lady Antebellum Song that simply makes you feel good... and isn't that what summer is all about.
Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band An absolute classic. This song is 15 years old (hard to believe) and I am still not and never will be sick of it. It will always remind me of summertime and namely summer trips to NC with the McD family. Us cousins listened to a lot of Dave on these trips...especially the Under the Table and Dreaming album.
Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry Katy may not be the best singer out there but she is adorable, fun and unapologetic and her songs are catchy. And there is nothing wrong with some good ole POP sometimes right?
Know Your Enemy by Green Day I don't care if loads of people find them annoying or generic... I enjoy Green Day. I have since '96's When I Come Around.
Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
The Summer of 2009 will likely be known as the summer of the revival of Michael Jackson's music. Those I listed are my two favorites of his insanely brilliant songlist. His death is so fresh right now but it is hard to put into words what the world has lost. I know that Michael had given us all he was able to give but it still impossible not to see the hole in the fabric of our culture now that he is gone. Whatever you may think of him personally - whether it be about his music or his demons there really are so few artists that come in and out of this world that have the impact that this man did. There maybe are a handful - Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, and Michael Jackson...
It is also hard to comprehend where music would be right now without Michael Jackson. It is so easy to look at the majority of current popular artists and see the impact of Jackson's music on each one of them. Usher, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, all boy bands, etc... It is staggering really.
Stephen Sondheim once said that his definition of genius is "endless invention". Michael's endless invention is a legacy that will live on for generations. RIP King of Pop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment