Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Isn't he just PRECIOUS?



Look at what Bridget got for me? This perfect shot of Adam smiling right at her. JUST FOR ME! So really he is smiling for me. How could not love him? And a Cy Young candidate on top of his cuteness. I really just want squeeze him. My boyfriend is just so chock full of adorable. Look at those DIMPLES!

Another dramatic victory for the best team in the NL tonight. Down by a run in the top of the 9th against the most successful closer in MLB history, Trevor Hoffman, the Brewers and their newest inept manager elect to walk The Mang ahead of Mattie H. And what does Mattie H do? What Holliday does for the Cardinals - he adds $$$ to his paycheck, pays for Scott Boras's new yacht fixtures and oh yeah hits HRs. A game winning HR tonight.

SIGN HIM MO!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, but dimpular advantages aside, do you really think he's done well enough to beat out Carp and Lincecum for the Cy Young?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES I do! But I am a highly biased source.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I was going to play Devil's advocate and argue that the Cy Young should be determined by stats that best reflect the pitchers' individual abilities, like strikeouts and ERA (stats where Lincecum beats Waino).

    However it's hard to argue with how consistently good he's been this year. Lincecum had an incredible 1st half, but he's faltered badly in the 2nd. If Wainwright hasn't sewn it up after last night's performance, I think a 20th win would make him a lock.

    Although I do like Adam's comment when asked about the Cy Young, "How can I be the best pitcher in the league if I'm not even the best pitcher on my own team?" Humility always earns my respect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He said that? I never caught that quote. Adam has such amazing respect for Carp I don't think Adam will ever think he is as good as he is. I have a cold right now and watching the bullpen gag away Waino's 20th win made it is about 50 times worse. I honestly couldn't believe what I saw with that game. But I don't think that would lose it for him. Sure he didn't get to 20 wins but if the writers were going to vote for him before they still will.

    Going to be by far the most interesting postseason award result.

    ReplyDelete

Followers