So it is nearly October... changing of the leaves, falling temperatures, layering up again, finding new and awesome fall pieces for your wardrobe... and this October the Cardinals will be playing again!
And time for some updates to the playlist.
Hallelujah by Paramore I am slightly late to the party when it comes to Paramore. I have known about them and Hayley Williams (the carrot top sprite lead singer) for a couple years but never really paid much attention except a passing glance. But then Hayley did a cover of Kings of Leon's Use Somebody (which is a song I will never be sick of) and then I listened to more of Paramore's stuff. By far this song is my favorite of my new Paramore discoveries. From album: Riot! (2007)
Fireflies by Rhett Miller featuring Rachael Yamagata I was listening to Pandora one day about a month ago and found this gem. I instantly recognized Rachael's voice but Rhett Miller was completely unknown to me. Now I am hooked. Listen to this one almost daily now. From album: The Believer (2006)
Le Belle et le Bad Boy by MC Solaar One night I was watching a Sex and the City marathon and it was about 5 episodes that lead to the series finale and then I watched the finale and this song was featured in the ending montage of Big and Carrie running about Paris, her to get to her party and him to find her. I forgot what a fun song it is and how tame French rap really is.
Beautiful is Gone by The Ruse Found this one by happy accident on iTunes.
Fitz and the Dizzyspells by Andrew Bird After seeing Andrew Bird live at Lollapalooza I became much more enamored with him. My current favorite track of his.
Red Morning Light by Kings of Leon My KOL high really never dies... so here is throwback to 2003 KOL.
Breathe by Taylor Swift featuring Colbie Cailat I really do LOVE all things Taylor. So deal with it Kanye!
You're So Vain and Coming Around Again (Itsy Bitsy Spider) by Carly Simon I am back in another Carly phase. I hit her hard for while then let her breathe and then come back and find her again. It's like a special little gift from my mom everytime I find Carly again.
And because I have been on a big 90s kick as well... some of my pull out of a hat favorites from a decade that was just... simpler.
Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band
Ironic by Alanis Morrisette
Building a Mystery by Sarah McLachlan
Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam
I'm Your Baby Tonight by Whitney Houston This is a special shoutout to the girl who ruled this during this time... while she makes her comeback. My favorite Whitney song.
Stay by Lisa Loeb This song really takes me back. Maybe more than the others... and I really don't know why.
Iris by Goo Goo Dolls I have 2 songs that are my favorites from the 90s. This is one. Still not sick of it 11 years later. And this song was way overplayed in 1998. But I never tired of it.
Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band And here is my other favorite song of the 90s. Going back to 1994. It is the most played song on my iPod.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment